A career at Westside Montessori School is highlighted by our diverse, tight-knit community, consisting of approximately 35 women and men, educated throughout the United States and in several foreign countries. We look closely at the qualifications and education of all applicants to determine suitability, with preference given to candidates with advanced degrees, phenomenal teaching experience, and a desire to continue learning.
Westside Montessori School has designed a program of benefits to help provide for the well-being of employees and their families, which include a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous time off, and several professional development opportunities.
Classroom Substitute Teachers
The person(s) selected for this position will be called upon on an as-needed basis when a classroom teacher or classroom assistant is absent. We have a student population ranging from 18 months through eighth grade.
The successful candidate(s) must have a high school diploma and must have previous experience in a licensed education facility or school. Some college is preferred. The person(s) selected will exhibit a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children, parents, and other employees, exhibit proficient written and oral English communication skills, be willing to fulfill the responsibilities in accordance with the Montessori philosophy of the school, and, most importantly, be willing and able to come to work on short notice.
Compensation: Starting hourly wage is $12-$14/hour based on education and experience
TODDLER Classroom ASSISTANT Teacher
Role Title: Toddler Classroom Assistant Teacher
Fair Labor Standards Act Classification: Non-Exempt, 12-month position
Reports To: Head of School
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Westside Montessori School (WMS) is looking for a Toddler Classroom Assistant Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. WMS is searching for candidates who enjoy and are passionate about working with children 18 months to 3 years old. Candidates who have an interest in working in and learning about a classroom that follows Montessori principles are encouraged to apply.
The Toddler Assistant Teacher is a full-time position responsible for assisting the Toddler Lead Teacher. This role includes, but is not limited to:
• Helping with daily activities including snack and lunch set up and clean up, dressing and undressing, toilet, nap time, music and art, practical life activities, sensorial work and cooking projects and outdoor play.
• Ensuring a continuous flow of the classroom when the Lead Teacher is giving lessons to individual students or to small groups
• Modeling and fostering a developmentally appropriate level of independence for Toddlers
• Learning and using a Montessori approach, emphasizing hands-on learning with Toddlers
• Engaging in collaboration with all faculty members
• Encouraging and teaching children to interact with each other in kind and gentle ways
• Helping to maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
• Respects and protects the privacy of children, parents, and staff. Professional Responsibility
• Follows the guidance of the Lead Teacher
The well-grounded candidate will have experience working with younger children students. We are looking for people who possess:
• High school diploma
• A lifelong desire for continuous personal growth and professional learning
• The ability to support a learning environment that engages students
• Commitment to the principles and goals of Montessori education
• US work authorization
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Regularly sit, stand, talk, and listen
• Regularly uses close and distance vision
• Regularly walks to help transition students from classroom to classroom
• Active supervision of children in indoor and outdoor spaces
Westside Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality or ethnic origin with regard to hiring, admission or in the administration of any of its programs.