Westside Montessori is a Parent Volunteer Organization
Westside Montessori School depends on the active involvement of all of our families. The school is a second home for your children, and nurturing their development is our number one priority. Parent engagement is crucial in our mission to provide a collaborative learning environment that fosters independent thinking, emotional growth, and a discovery of self that prepares our students for success in academics and life.
Westside Montessori School offers parents many ways to get involved
- Campus Clean Up Day – August
- Festival of Nations – October (Planning begins in September)
- Gala Fundraiser – Spring (Planning begins in September)
- Winter Festival & Book Fair – December (Planning begins in October)
- Parent Social Mixers – Fall, Winter, Spring (Planning begins 1 month beforehand)
- Spring Book Fair – March (Planning begins in February)
- Movie Night – Spring (Planning begins 2-3 months beforehand)
- Room Parent (Ongoing)
- Lunch for Staff (Ongoing)
- Donate Flowers for Student Flower Arranging
- Board of Directors – Members are elected for a term of three years and elections are held annually.
Quality, both in the loving and nurturing programs that the children receive and the materials with which they work and play, is the hallmark of Westside Montessori. This goal has motivated the staff and parents in all their endeavors. The school depends on the active involvement of all of our families, and it is the children who see the most benefit from parental involvement.